Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with Anthem Broadband, its succors and assigns. It is intended to help enhance the use of the Internet by preventing unacceptable use. It is not a “Terms of Service” or a billing guideline. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document, Anthem Broadband may suspend or terminate your account. By accessing the Service, you agree to be bound by this policy. If you do not wish to be bound by this AUP, you may not access or use the service.
Anthem Broadband's Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for Anthem Broadband Services is designed to help protect Anthem Broadband, Anthem Broadband's customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a nonexclusive list of the actions prohibited by Anthem Broadband. Anthem Broadband reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at https://anthembroadband.com/AUP and your use of service shall constitute acceptance and agreement to be bound by the terms of the policy.
Anthem Broadband reserves the right in its sole discretion to deny or restrict your use of the Services or to immediately suspend or terminate your Services if the use of the Services by you or others, in Provider’s sole discretion, violates this AUP, the Terms of Service or any other Anthem Broadband policies, is objectionable or unlawful, or interferes with the functioning or use of the Internet or the network.
Prohibited Uses of Anthem Broadband Systems and Services
This section is used to address actions, content, or activities that are prohibited by law and by rules established by Anthem Broadband. Anthem Broadband reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected illegal activity or civil wrong. Activities or misuse of Services, including the misuse of email, considered by Anthem Broadband to be a violation of this AUP are as follows but are not limited to:
- Excess Utilization of Network Resources. You agree not to use the Service or take any action, directly or indirectly, that will result in excessive consumption or utilization of the system or network resources, or which may weaken network performance, as determined in Anthem’s sole discretion. The excessive use or abuse of Anthem’s network resources by one subscriber may have a negative impact on all other subscribers. Such prohibited actions include, but are not limited to: using the Service to host a web server site which attracts excessive traffic at your location, continuously uploading or downloading streaming video or audio, Usenet hosting, or continuous FTP uploading or downloading. In the event that you violate the terms of this provision, Anthem may, without limitation, restrict your access to Anthem’s Network, increase the fees associated with your Service, including upgrading you to a higher class of service, or immediately suspend or terminate your Service. In the event of termination of your Service, all applicable termination charges will apply.
- Defamation and Fraud. You agree not to post or transplant any fraudulent information on or through the Service including and not limited to any information that is inflammatory with respect to a person, business or other entity, product or service, or any information that you know or have reason to believe has faults and is intended for others to rely on or is legally slanderous, libel, or defamatory.
- False Advertising. You agree not to post or transplant, on or through the Service, any advertising or promotional materials that contain faults, deceptive or misleading statements, claims, or representations.
- Unsolicited Electronic-mail (email) or SPAM. You agree not to post, publish, send or relay unsolicited email originating from Anthem’s Service or attempt to deliver such unsolicited email to Anthem Customers.
- Unsolicited Advertising. You agree not to post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other forms of solicitation to other subscribers, individuals, or entities, except in those areas (e.g. the classified areas) that are designed for such purposes.
- Harassment, Threats, and Abuse. You agree not to use the Service to harass, threaten, abuse, embarrass, or cause distress, unwanted attention, or discomfort to any person or entity by any means, including the use of vulgar, hateful, racial, unethical, or otherwise objectionable information.
- False Pretenses. You agree not to use the Service to impersonate any person, including but not limited to, a Anthem Broadband official or an information provider, guide or host, or communicate under a false name or a name that you are not entitled or authorized to use in all forms of online communication, including but not limited to, screenings, subscriber profiles, chat dialogue, return email addresses, email headers, and message posting.
- Transmission, distribution, or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- The posting, transmission, downloading, or viewing of any material pornographic in nature involving actual images of children or minors or digitally or otherwise artificially created or manipulated images of children or minors, or any material whatsoever that may be deemed obscene under applicable law.
- The posting, distribution, storage or transmission of material, information, or communications that are obscene, sadistic, cruel, or racist in content, or of a sexually explicit or graphic nature, or which advocates, promotes or incites bigotry, hatred, harassment, terrorism or racism, that might be legally actionable for any reason.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, or denial of service attacks.
- Introducing viruses, worms, harmful code and/or Trojan horses on the Internet.
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Violations of Service Providers’ Rules. You agree not to use the Service to violate any operating rule, policy or guideline of any other online service provider, business, or entity.
- Abuse of Anthem Broadband Procedures. You agree not to make false or unverified complaints against any Anthem Broadband subscriber.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof of any information of any Anthem Broadband customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Using the Services to participate in activities and/or services prohibited by federal, state or local law.
- Using Anthem Broadband's Services to interfere with the use of the Anthem Broadband network by other customers or authorized users.
System and Network Security
Violations of system or network security are prohibited and may result in criminal and civil liability. Anthem Broadband will investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve and will cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:
- Port scanning, probes, data capture, denial of service, and access of restricted systems.
- Attempted access of systems not previously given access to.
- Any form of “hacking” or “cracking” of the systems, network, or users.
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, including any attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account (hacking, cracking, port scans, or flood pings).
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic.
- Interfering with Service to any user, host, system or network.
- Conducting denial of service attacks.
- Any attempt to disrupt Services including, but not limited to, distributing or introducing viruses, worms, or other harmful software.
- Creating an active, full-time connection on an account.
- Access by using artificial means, involving software, programming, or any other method.
User Responsibility Safe practices need to be taken by the users to protect themselves and others including, without limitation, the following:
- Users are responsible for account passwords and should keep them safe.
- Do NOT share account information, usernames or passwords.
- Do NOT leave username and passwords in the open.
- Users are responsible for obtaining, maintaining, updating and protecting their own equipment and software necessary to use the Services. Antivirus software and personal firewalls are strongly encouraged.
- Users are responsible for any misuse of Services that occurs through the user’s account, even if that misuse was not authorized by the user.
- Users are responsible for protecting their accounts and must take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to the user’s account.
- Users are responsible for the backup and restoration of their data.
- Users are responsible for the reasonable care and protection of equipment leased or provided by Anthem.
Violations and Monitoring
Anthem Broadband does not intend to actively monitor the content of web sites, email, news groups, or material created or accessible over its Services. However, Anthem Broadband reserves the right to monitor such services or any services on or within our network at any time, and your use of services constitutes a waiver of all privacy claims or objections.
Violations, attempted violations, and/or concerns should be sent via email to email@example.com.